Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My Mid-Week Resolution

So here's the deal.

There are innumerable amounts of blog topics, ideas, concepts, philosophies, ramblings, ratings, reviews, advice columns, discussions, dragons (bur?) floating around my head at any given moment. The problem arises when I attempt to make the time to write them all down.  An even bigger road block comes when I try to flesh them out into a full blog post versus crunching the idea into about a hundred characters and posting on the worlds favorite microblogging site.

But this era must come to an end.

I can't promise yet how often I will fight this urge, but I am certain to throw more than one punch a year. ok, maybe more than once a month, better?

I decided (after getting some great advice from an MBA at an event last night) that I would do nothing less than get words on the page before I left work today. Plus at least one more post before week's end. I think this mid-week resolution is at least partially attainable...probably.

Once I open the flood gates and get my writing mojo going, it's usually very likely that I'll keep it up. Hopefully better than my workout plans the past few years. Those usually start something like this:

Day One - think about how much I should workout and get in shape
Day Two - seriously consider going downstairs to the gym
Day Three - change into workout clothes after work
Day Four - make the trek to the treadmill in the basement of the building
Day Five - actually run a mile on the treadmill
Day Six - convince myself that there are a million other things more efficient to do with my afternoon
Day Seven - give the gym one more try. run a mile and use the crazy looking weight machine monster
Day Eight - wake up sore
Day Nine - return to step one in approximately one week


The next time I attempt a workout, I grab a buddy to "keep me accountable" but so far, I've been fairly successful at conveniently selling them on my usual workout plan. It's usually not intentional but somehow we get back to my old habits.

I can't let this happen with my blogging. Can't.

So, let the games begin. I am about to become best friends with writing...possibly. 


turtle doves, hearts, and afro-sheen.

-Cyd






p.s. here is my obligatory blog photo of the day. i took this on my way into work this morning, thought it was pretty cool.

  as seen on the


1 comment:

  1. i luv you cyd. keep posting and i'll become your official blog stalker =)aj

    ReplyDelete